I really not sure, still on IE6... but no one is talking so I'm going to guess.

I think so, but I dont use IE7 so who knows.... but have a look at this article
its ASP, but its easy reading and explains the concept....

http://www.15seconds.com/issue/971108.htm

and then look up setDomain in javax.servlet.http.Cookie

Before you buy domain names, you could test it from 2 machine in the office.... just set domain names in the HOSTS file in system32/drivers/etc

Only thing I could find on IE7 was this... its set to medium, which means.....

Medium High Cookies from third-party websites that do not have a
compact policy (a condensed, computer-readable privacy statement) will
be blocked.

Now if the above doesnt work, then I think nothing will.... so then I would put a (condensed, computer-readable privacy statement) on the web server, dont ask me how, must be in the help files.... but it would say.... "To stop this irritating Microsoft message.... change your setting to Cookie Low".... ha ha.

I think your domain idea will work....

Have you guys noticed how much Antivirus Stuff microsoft is updating.... this whole security thing is driving me nuts, like other day I opened an old web page I had with (file) links to files on local machine... those links dont work anymore.... blocked. Seems like Bill wants to kick Norton and Avast and the others out of business, as they decide to become their own (one and only) AntiVirus producer. I think developers need to watch this area, because as MS close holes and string their antivirus program together, in the process programmers finding all sorts of new issues. Good time to sell your Norton shares... nasty Bill is coming... I think.

----- Original Message ----- From: "john hufnagle" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>