On Wed, April 4, 2007 11:21 am, Hassan Schroeder wrote:
> FWIW, I just installed 6.0.10 and dumped in a webapp of mine that
> uses a Filter as a front controller, and it works fine.
>
> I have both JAVA_HOME and JRE_HOME defined for convenience (so I
> can switch as I test/upgrade versions); right now it's Java  1.6.0-b105
> as
>> echo $JAVA_HOME
> /usr/local/jdk1.6.0
>> echo $JRE_HOME
> /usr/local/jdk1.6.0/jre
>
> So I'd say it's not a problem intrinsic to /all/ Filters...

Fair to say... I noticed your not under Windows, which is potentially a
big difference... but in any case, if it was a problem with my filter
itself, I wouldn't expect it to be working in 6.0.9 with the same
environment otherwise... also note I didn't recompile it when moving
between 6.0.9 and 6.0.10, so nothing weird going on there.  I just don't
get it.

Ah well, I've burned enough cycles on it... I can happily continue my real
work under 6.0.9, no problem, but if anyone has any other ideas I'm
certainly interested in hearing them... like I said, I don't know if this
is a Tomcat bug or not, but I certainly can't explain it :)

Frank