Just a quick addition. The memory dump is now available here: http://repository.atlassian.com/temp/java_pid27558.hprof.gz

Cheers,
  Andreas

Mark Thomas wrote:
Andreas Knecht wrote:
About a week ago, this test started failing with OutOfMemory errors.

Obvious question. What changed before it started failing?

I've attached a screenshot of the JspRuntimeContext in YourKit.

The attachement didn't come through. Can you make it availalbe via a URL?

The problem does NOT occur on Java 1.6.

Hmm. That points more to a jvm issue rather than a Tomcat one although
there isn't enough info to rule out Tomcat entirely at this point. Can
you try with the latest 1.5 jvm?

Any ideas, if it is normal behavior for the JspRuntimeContext to take up
this much memory?  I'm happy to make more information available if
needed.  The heap dump is about 65MB in size when zipped.

138MB seems rather high. The screenshot would help here.

Mark