On 4/11/07, Neil B. Cohen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Situation - I am installing tomcat and running it on port 8080. However,
it is currently being started by the root user and I need to change
that.

If I just run the startup script as user 'foo', I get errors because it
can't read various config files in the conf directory, can't write to
the logs directory etc.

Because having once run as root, all directories and files /created by/
Tomcat are owned by root. If you reinstalled and initially started it as
user 'foo', everything would be owned by foo.

So either reinstall, or change ownership of everything to 'foo'.

HTH,
--
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ [EMAIL PROTECTED]