I forgot to mention I have SDK5 installed as well, not that it matters
seemingly.

----- Original Message ----
From: Martin Heiden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2007 9:14:27 AM
Subject: Re: Ajax xmlhttprequest

Richard!

  As you said: You installed PHP separately installed on your laptop.
  Tomcat can't interpret PHP out of the box. If you only want to use
  PHP without any Java, install the Apache HTTPD (httpd.apache.org)
  with mod_php5 enabled. If you also want to use Java, you've got
  three choices:

  1) Run PHP on Apache HTTPD and Java on Tomcat. Setup communication
     via http - calls between the two servers.

  2) Run PHP on Apache HTTPD and use the PHP-Java Bridge. You don't
     need Tomcat.

  3) You can interpret PHP on Tomcat if you use the reference
     implementation for JSR-223 (Scripting for the Java Platform)
     http://jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/pr/jsr223/index.html

  With the scenario you described, I'd recommend to just switch from
  Tomcat to the Apache HTTPD.

regards,

  Martin

am Dienstag, 17. April 2007 um 00:44 schrieben Sie: