Caldarale, Charles R wrote:

From: David Kerber [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject: Re: Location of APR Win32 binaries

Do I need to do something to tell it to be used?

Yes: when you run the .exe installer, you'll get a "Choose Components"
screen; the Tomcat box is gray, indicating that some pieces are not
enabled.  Open that up, and click the Native check box.  As Markus
pointed out, this initiates the download of the .dll, placing it in the
bin directory.
That explains why it didn't work after my initial setup: this machine has no internet connectivity allowed; it's internal LAN only. I would think it would be appropriate for the installer to give me a notice if it was unable to download the tcnative.dll. I had to manually copy it over, and that's why I was asking where to find it and how to verify that it was working. Having it already in the install.exe would be even better, IMO.

how can I verify that it is being used?

By default, there's an INFO message displayed if APR can't be found,
I saw that on my first startup, which is how I knew I needed to work on it.

since there's a listener configured for it in server.xml.  The absence
of the INFO message indicates that APR is in use.
That's what I wasn't sure about.

Thanks for the explanation.