Hi Eqbal,

Try upgrading the DTD/Schema URIs to 2.4 version since that's the
latest version supported by 5.5.x .

To upgrade, remove these lines:

  <!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC
        "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application
2.3//EN"
        "http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd";>

and change the web-app node to

<web-app version="2.4"
        xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee";
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/web-app_2_4.xsd";>

Also move the error-page nodes to the bottom of the web.xml , that is
after the taglib nodes.

to display a custom error page on 404/500 errors. . It
works on my local machine which has Tomcat 5.5.17, but
it does not work on my server which has 5.5.20
installed. Any ideas?

Could you please elaborate -- "does not work" doesn't give us much
clue as to what may be wrong.

-Rashmi