Hi Anthony,

I exaggerated the less than 1 second on first load, I noticed that
some other pages take from 2 to 5 seconds to load on first compile in
the development environment.

Because of this first-time delay, it is important for me to
pre-compile the JSPs , in order to  maintain a higher user experience
expectations -- because people don't wait for more than 1 second for a
web page to load.

Well, one could say that this is only a *first time* delay, but my
production server is shut-down often so when I redeploy, it's almost
like first time compile every day, that's why there's a need to
pre-compile for prod.

-Rashmi