Unfortunately that did not work. The cookie still got set as domain.com, not .domain.com

I have in server.xml:

             resourceName="UserDatabase"/>
      <Host name="localhost"  appBase="webapps"
            unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"
<Valve className="org.apache.catalina.authenticator.SingleSignOn"
          cookieDomain=".localhost"/>
    </Host>
</Engine>

Now, this is still in development, thus the localhost, and I've defined many other "hostnames" in my hosts file, like host1.localhost, host2.localhost, host3.localhost. My app is working great and responding to those correctly, but the cookie is being set as localhost, not .localhost.

Jeremy