I removed the JRE_HOME, which did not seem to help. I then reinstalled Tomcat
and the Admin and this message went away.

  Thx

Rashmi Rubdi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  On 4/22/07, Mike Peremsky wrote:
> I checked and the naming-factory.jar is in the common\lib directory. Shouldn't
> Tomcat find all jars in that directory on startup?

Yes, Tomcat does find all jar files under common\lib\ and other sub
folders under Tomcat when it starts up.

I once had the 5.5.12 version of tomcat and never got the
NoClassDefinition error, especially after freshly installing the JDK
and Tomcat.

The only difference between my setting and the one you have is, I
didn't set JRE_HOME, only JAVA_HOME was sufficient, but I don't really
see how JRE_HOME could raise the NoClassDefinition error you have.

When in doubt if some configuration was messed up, I freshly re-install Tomcat.

-Rashmi