i thinks its server/lib you are looking for (or common/endorsed) but
i'm not sure whether java mail has some static fields which will be
screwed by sharing them among all apps.

leon

On 4/24/07, Thomas Papke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I need some help to the classloader concept of tomcat... (version 5.5.)

Our Tomcat has about 60 webapps running - right now every webapps have
in their Web/lib directory the libs for activation and java mail (among
other libs). As I understand, right now this libs are 60times loaded
into Permgen - if i will but them into the common/lib of tomcat - they
are loaded only once info permgen? Any problem to share activation.jar
and mail.jar inside common/lib for all webapps?

Thanks a lot,

Thomas