Any version? 4x. 5x?

I'm actually in the 4.1.3. series, but was wondering which class files I'd need
to revise and customize.

I assume most if not all are in the /catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/
repository, and figured something like Authenticator.java or Session.java might
need a method added to it, but wasn't sure what else would need to be done.

In other words, whereas in its initial state the security constraint will
repeatedly forward/redirect to the Login error page set, I'd like to be able to
create a customized method to send to another (secondary) error page, telling
the user they've been locked out after 6 consecutive, unsuccessful attempts.

Is this at all possible to do in 4.1 or any other version?

Any feedback is welcomed.

Thanks!

Barry