I know next to nothing about Oracle app server, but price would be a big difference, since you don't have to pay for Tomcat.

saravanan ragothman wrote:

This is Saran doing good as an admin, and I have few questions about the Apache Tomcat Server after reading the documentation. In my workplace we are using the Tomcat server version 5.0.28 for the web applications(for reports
and scorecards especially) but have plans to move to Oracle application
server 10g in future. but I still insist on tomcat server. Can you tell me some advantages(and disadvantages, if any) of tomcat server over the oracle application server 10g, so that we can re-analyse the situation(if there are more advantages that can be considerable than we stay with Tomcat server). Since Oracle application server 10g is advertised and marketed better than Apache Tomcat server, we cannot get into the other side,that is, not getting
the exact detailed advantages of apache tomcat server.

It will be great if you take concerns over the number of users using the
appplication and security of the user and application.

Thanks a lot!
Saran