I want to replace the "tomcat-users.xml" with two tables in MySQL:

Database : auth
table users :    username varchar(15) primary key NN
                    pass varchar(41) NN

table roles :     username varchar(15) primary key NN
                    role varchar(10) NN

Tried the solution from thread "[SOLVED] :) user authetication on MySql db
issue need some help!"
from the list, but still doesn´t work.

Are there any more changes I have to make.
Do I need to update TC (now using TC 5.0.28)
I want to avoid an update, because everything else is running fine, and I made
the experience that updates often change this.

The TC admintool doesn´t  give the possibility to add MySQL userDBs.

Thanks