Sebastiaan van Erk wrote:
Rémy Maucherat wrote:
On 4/26/07, Sebastiaan van Erk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I don't understand why the client does not get an immediate -1 (EOF) on
the read() as soon as I do this. The socket itself does not need to be
closed, but the output stream close should flush the output stream and
call shutdownOutput() on the underlying socket.

No.

At the moment I have no way of asynchronously ending a response.

Calling close() on the event or on the output stream ends a response
(objects used for processing of the request will be recycled on the
next event, however).

Rémy
Allright, but then *please* can you answer the original question that started the whole thing.

* Is it possible, somehow, to end a request asynchronously (that is, outside the event method)?

Because I keep getting "Out of file descriptor errors" since the END events come so terribly late after I do the close().
you'd still get "too many open files" errors even if it did close since you are subject to the TIME_WAIT timeout anyway. In a servlet, it is not possible to control the underlying TCP connections, I don't think you could do that with regular servlets either. You bring up an interesting point, but it will require some serious thinking to see if this is feasible or usable :)

Filip

Regards,
Sebastiaan