From: Johnny Kewl [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2007 2:34 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Log files always locked

Just something that bugs me.....
On windows if you try open a tomcat log file... which are typically
associated with something like notepad, you get "In Use By Another Program".
Why does Tomcat lock the file handle indefinitely?
It maybe good programming practice but windows utilities generally dont give
one the option of "will open as read only"... its always a mission just to
read a log file.