To: <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, May 03, 2007 6:37 PM
Subject: Re: JDBCRealm

below is my context.xml file. I can connect to the mysql database from a java
class with the same username/pass.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Context path="/security"
        docBase="security"
        debug="99">
 <Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm"
 digest="MD5"
        connectionName="testr"
        connectionPassword="testr"
        connectionURL="jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/test"
        debug="99"
        driverName="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"
        roleNameCol="role_name"
        userCredCol="password"
        userNameCol="loginName"
        userRoleTable="new_user_roles"
        userTable="logins"
 />
</Context>

Martin Gainty wrote:

Have you verified the mysql listener is listening?
Have you verified the JDBCRealm is configured using the parameters which
will allow you to connect?
If you are able to confirm both please post your JDBCRealm parameters here

Martin
addressed.  If you have received this email message in error, please
notify

----- Original Message ----- From: "Murtuza" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>