Hi list,

I'm trying to install Tomcat 5.5.23 as a service in Windows XP, using
the file $CATALINA_HOME/bin/service.bat with the parameter "install".

So far, so good, however, I'd like to install it as a service which is
automaticly loaded during windows-startup.

Therefore I changed service.bat in that way, that I've added the
parameter "--Startup=auto" to the line that does the installation of
the service.

Everything works as expected, but there's one catch:

The user will have to reboot the pc to start the service.

In the tomcat-docs
(http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/windows-service-howto.html)
now I found that there's a parameter "//TS//" for tomcat5.exe to start
the service, however, I've tried tomcat5.exe //TS//servicename, but
nothing happens exept that errorlevel 1 is returned.

I guess that some more parameters are needed, but I ain't got no idea
which ones I have to pass.

Maybe one of you guys here has a working example?

TIA

Greg
gpgp-fp: 79A84FA526807026795E4209D3B3FE028B3170B2