> From: Andras Laczi [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: RE: Tomcat deployment question
>
> Take it easy man.

Sorry.  The topic of setting the path attribute in a <Context> element
is discussed frequently on this list, including a couple of times on the
very day you posted, as well as previously in this thread.  It's
frustrating when people keep ignoring the discussion.

> How can I know which documentation is up-to-date and which one is not?

By reading the related discussions on the mailing list.  Generally, you
can expect the Tomcat core doc to be more accurate than the ancilliary
pieces, but even the core occasionally lags behind reality.

> My last question: if i upload in ROOT.war manager  will it
> work as the default application in / path?

If I read your question correctly (using manager to deploy ROOT.war),
yes, that will work.  Make sure that the webapps/ROOT directory is
removed first.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.