Manca Davide wrote:
I have various webapp under various hosts under one Tomcat. I'm trying
to set system-properties for every webapps, I mean that every single
webapp should have one or more system-property. In resin 2 or 3 it is
possible setting them in the webapp web.xml like that:

  <system-property config.filename="/tmp/commenti.config.xml"/>

  <system-property log4j.configuration="file:////tmp/log4j.properties"/>

  <system-property config.location="file" />

I tried the same way in Tomcat 6 but it doesn't see system-properties.
So? The <system-property /> syntax is Resin specific.
And I cannot use the -D into the Java or Tomcat start command because of
I have a lot of webapps under one Tomcat.
I'd rather use context parameters or environment entries (http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/context.html) than system properties.

--
Mikolaj Rydzewski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>