To:     "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
cc:
Subject:        RE: request.getParameter is returning the wrong value

I've never seen that either and I use the same environment you do.
Seems as if users' sessions are somehow crossing/getting overlapped, but
not sure how.

Are you using some lookup for an id? Like SSO or something?

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Sayre [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, May 08, 2007 8:33 AM
To: users@tomcat.apache.org

My web application generates a list of links for a user to click on.

The URL looks like this:  showCa.jsp?id=2345

The showCa.jsp page uses the id to populate a form on the page.

The problem I am have is when a user clicks the link showCa.jsp?id=2345

The request.getParameter("id") is returning the wrong id!

I have never seen behavior like this before. This page has been
working in production for a long time. I reproduced the error, and it
only seems to be happening when there are multiple users logged in.
The wrong id that appears belongs to another user. On the showCa.jsp
page I printed out the query string and the value of id and got this:

queryString : ?id=2345
id : 2226

Has anyone seen anything like this before? I have been coding JSP for
3 years now and I have never seen behavior like this. This is
occurring on Tomcat 4.1/ JDK 1.4

I greatly appreciate any suggestions that you may have.

Thank you