Hi,

I have a JApplet class in my $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/mywebapp directory called applet.NVACApplet. It is part of the applet package. I load this applet through NVAC.jsp.

I was making some changes to the class and recompiled. However, after reloading the webapp and making numerous changes, I began to notice the applet, when I navigated to it at http://localhost:port/mywebapp/NVAC.jsp was not changing at all. At first, I figured something was wrong with my Java code. However, that compiled fine and I was getting no errors at runtime, and the applet was apparently loading.

Finding this highly unusual, I deleted the entire applet package from $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/mywebapp, as well as the applet package from WEB-INF/classes. Then, I navigated to $CATALINA_HOME and did a find command, searching for "NVAC*", and did not find any NVACApplet class floating around anywhere.

However, when I navigate to the JSP page, it STILL loads the Applet. If I change the name of the applet it is loading I obviously get a NoClassDefFoundError, which apparently means it is somehow finding applet.NVACApplet, which makes absolutely no sense to me.

I've shutdown Tomcat numerous times and rebooted. I've tried everything I can think of, but I'm completely clueless. Where on earth could it be finding this applet class? I've deleted every instance of applet.NVACApplet I could find from my entire computer. Is it storing the class in some directory somewhere?

Here is the JSP page code, if it helps:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd";>
<title>NVAC Polling Controller</title>
<applet code="applet.NVACApplet" width="200" height="100">
Your browser does not support the applet tag.
</applet>
<%
//Service.init();
%>