Teh... you kinda got the right idea... but I think the question is wrong thats why u getting no responses.

You cant get a servlet to call an applet....
but I have a feeling what you really asking is how to get a response from the servlet. This stuff you should find in a google so I'm going to let you do that first... if you get stuck, I'll show you how to do it...
Search for how to POST to a servlet... google!
Can combine the search with HTTPClient or URLConnection.... you'll find lots of articles

So wot you do is post a parameter that says.... fileToGet=MyGameFile.game
Then remember that just like a form... a servlet wants to respond... so in the servlet you do something like this....

              if the parameter is MyGameFile....... then......

               File x = new File(PathToGameFile);

//So your applet knows when its got the whole file.... maybe you can send this as a long instead and just read first first long as file length.
               response.setContentLength((int)x.length());

OutputStream out = response.getOutputStream(); //Create a stream
               FileInputStream in = null;
               try {
                   in = new FileInputStream(fileName);
int c; //Change this to a buffer if more speed required... unlikely.
                   while ((c = in.read()) != -1) { out.write(c);}
               } finally {
                   if (in != null) { in.close();   }
               }
                out.close();