Hi,

I have been using Tomcat 5.0 in the past but now have downloaded version 6.0 and see that there is this JSVC component which allows Tomcat to be run as a daemon but am having trouble building it. I am following the instructions at http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/ setup.html but get the following errors when doing so:

1) When extracting the jsvc.tar.gz file with 'tar xvfz jsvc.tar.gz' I get an error of:

tar: A lone zero block at 640

I'm not sure if this maters but thought I should include it just in case it has something to do with my other problems.

2) When I run configure, I get the following output:

*** Current host ***
checking build system type... powerpc-apple-darwin8.9.0
checking host system type... powerpc-apple-darwin8.9.0
checking cached host system type... ok
*** C-Language compilation tools ***
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for ranlib... ranlib
*** Host support ***
checking C flags dependant on host system type... ok
*** Java compilation tools ***
checking for javac... /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/ Home/bin/javac checking wether the Java compiler (/System/Library/Frameworks/ JavaVM.framework/Home/bin/javac) works... yes checking for jar... /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Home/ bin/jar
gcc flags added
*** Writing output files ***
sed: confdefs.h: No such file or directory
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: error: cannot find input file: Makefile.in

I'm not sure what to do here, I've checked and both of the files 'confdefs.h' and 'Makefile.in' exist and are readable.

I'd also like to know if I can run Tomcat without JSVC as I am having problems trying to do that too, but will put that in a separate post.

Any help is greatly appreciated, I'm on a Mac OS X 10.4.9 system trying to get Tomcat 6.0.10 running.

Thanks,

Greg