All,

I'm doing some load testing and I'm having a bit of trouble trying to interpret the numbers on the Tomcat Manager's "Server Status" page.

Specifically, each defined connector (http or jk) has a block telling you the values of maxThreads, minSpareThreads, etc.

In my testing, I've found that I start getting some errors under heavy load and the "Error count" number starts going way up on my JK connector. Can someone tell me what "Error count" indicates?

Additional symptoms are that Tomcat appears to not have properly associated a session with an incoming user (it doesn't get the wrong session, it appears to get a new, empty session).

When I first started seeing this, I found that I was bumping up against maxThreads, but now I have maxThreads sitting at approximately 125% of the number of users I'm using to test, and I'm getting this same issue.

I'm unsure of where else to start looking for bottlenecks now. I'm not CPU, I/O or database bound, but there's no other log entries.

For the record, it's Apache 2.0.52/mod_jk 1.2.22/Tomcat 5.5.23.

Thanks,
Brantley Hobbs