I successfully installed Tomcat Version 6.0.10. When I use the url,
<http://locahost:8080/> http://locahost:8080/, I get to see the Tomcat
Server homepage.

However, when I click on Status and Tomcat Manager links on that page, I get
a 404 error.

As per the instructions I found on using the Manager application, I modified
the tomcat-users.xml to:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>

<tomcat-users>

  <role rolename="manager"/>

  <role rolename="tomcat"/>

  <role rolename="admin"/>

  <role rolename="role1"/>

  <user username="both" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat,role1"/>

  <user username="tomcat" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat"/>

  <user username="TomcatAdmin" password="tcpass" roles="admin,manager"/>

  <user username="role1" password="tomcat" roles="role1"/>

</tomcat-users>

I also added the following to Server.XML:

            <Context path="/manager" debug="0" privileged="true"

docBase="/usr/local/kinetic/tomcat5/server/webapps/manager">

            </Context>

I am sure I am missing something terribly simple. Please help.

Venki