Easy --

1. Download tomcat 5.0 and install. Get it working usng the standard start/stop scripts. I highly recommend using us to go in as the tomcat user and making sure it works under those credentials.

2. Download commons-daemon. If you can find binaries for REHL4, go for it. Otherwise you may have to build it -- as I remember it's very easy.

3. Customize the sample start/stop script and place where all the others are (my Mandrake system has them in /etc/init.d)

4. Place a sym link to the init script in the requisite /etc/rc#.d folder for starting on that run level.

--David

Prashant Thakkar wrote:

Hi,

I would like to know how i can run tomcat5.0 as a deoman on REHL4.