Excellent.

This might sound a tad bit on the dense side, but are there any links to examples of how to use wildcard certificates with IP address mapping for both Apache and Tomcat?

I've tried to find some examples on the web, but I am unable to find anything with substance.

Thank you again for your time and ideas.

----Original Message Follows----

Would changing the ServerName attribute to <server name>.com allow Apache to
respond to all requests sent to the server that are subdomains?

I'm not sure ServerName is even *required*, in which case you'd
simply be processing any request to *:80 (presumably passing it
back to Tomcat). But easy enough to test, I'd think.

Here is another question involving Apache, but this time with SSL.  Would a
wildcard certificate be able to work in the same fashion as the above
configuration?  As of right now we have to have a NEW IP address for
everyone of our clients

gack. stop right there -- that's the whole point of wildcard certs, to
end such madness by handling "*.example.com" on 1 IP :-)

I implemented just such an httpd/Tomcat setup for a client last year.
So it's definitely a valid approach.

HTH,
--
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ [EMAIL PROTECTED]