Rob Tanner wrote:
I also found this log, and I assume it's related to the problem:

WARNING: A docBase /var/apache/apache-tomcat-6.0.13/webapps/GroupAliases inside the host appBase has been specified, and will be ignored

You can see in the dump of mailtools#aliases.xml that indeed I do specify a docBase. In Tomcat 4 that was correct but now that's wrong?? Makes no sense.

It does make sense - there's been 3 major releases (5.0, 5.5 and 6.0) since then, each introduced incremental changes. Chuck explained that you should remove the 'path' and 'docBase' attributes.

The error message is a warning - so it's probably not affecting you.

Have you implemented the recommended solution?

-- Rob