You are right Tim,
How I came to know about this might explain why !

I changed my war file to ROOT.war as this is situation in our website's
tomcat.
Now when I go to localhost:8080/ my application is displayed properly
something like localhost:8080/eApp gives the custom 404 page I designed and
placed in newly renamed ROOT folder.

But When I am trying to reload my root using manager/html and at the same
time trying to access localhost:8080/, tomcat do not show custom page rather
it sends a blank page.

So, is apache web server is the only option left for me ??
can virtual hosting be used here ??

Thanks and Regards:
Quayum Sagri

On 5/17/07, Tim Lucia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

That will work, but only if the root (/) context is available and running.
This may or may not solve some or all of your problem(s).

Tim