Yes, I can access the login.html interface from a different computer using
http://IPaddress:8080/login.html but when I tried to access a file, I got the
mentioned problem displayed in the text area. However, I can access a file if
I'm using http://localhost:8080/login.html. I'm testing using Windows XP. What
should I do? Thank you.

  TEH

Omar Eljumaily <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  I don't understand. Are you able to access login.html from outside your
server machine?

The socketpermerission problem you have sounds like a firewall issue or
a administrator privileges problem not allowing you to accept incoming
sockets. Are you running with administrator privs on XP?

XP and Linux deal with firewalls and permissions differently. Linux is
a bit more straight forward in my opinion. You just accept queries on
8080 and then redirect port 80 if you want to resolve static pages.
SELinux can be an issue, but is usually simple to solve by tweaking a
setting.