Brian Millett wrote:
Filip Hanik - Dev Lists escribĂ­o:
$CATALINA_HOME/lib

Doesn't that defeat the CATALINA_BASE setup for multiple instances of tomcat?
I always get the BASE and HOME mixed up. but I believe HOME is the installation of all the shared binaries,
hence all common libraries would be placed there
CATALINA_BASE is used for all runtime directories, such as webapps, work, conf etc

Filip
Brian Millett wrote:
Hello, I've setup my tomcat 6.0.13 with the CATALINA_HOME=/opt/tomcat and
CATALINA_BASE=/opt/webBaseDir on a FC6 system.

I read in http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/class-loader-howto.html
"Common - This class loader contains additional classes that are made
visible to
both Tomcat internal classes and to all web applications. Normally,
application
classes should NOT  be placed here. All unpacked classes and resources in
$CATALINA_HOME/lib, as well as classes and resources in JAR files are
made
visible through this class loader."

and in http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/loader.html
"The description below uses the variable name $CATALINA_HOME to refer
to the
directory into which you have installed Tomcat 6, and is the base
directory
against which most relative paths are resolved. However, if you have
configured
Tomcat 6 for multiple instances by setting a CATALINA_BASE directory,
you should
use $CATALINA_BASE instead of $CATALINA_HOME for each of these