Hello everyone.

I have just upgraded from Tomcat 5.0 to Tomcat 5.5.23 and am now having some problems. I have the following in the web.xml for a Struts application:

<filter>
   <filter-name>SkinFilter</filter-name>
   <filter-class>com.xmltravel.jsp.filters.SkinFilter</filter-class>
</filter>

<filter-mapping>
   <filter-name>SkinFilter</filter-name>
   <url-pattern>/booking/*</url-pattern>
   <dispatcher>REQUEST</dispatcher>
   <dispatcher>FORWARD</dispatcher>
</filter-mapping>
<filter-mapping>
   <filter-name>SkinFilter</filter-name>
   <url-pattern>*.html</url-pattern>
</filter-mapping>
<filter-mapping>
   <filter-name>SkinFilter</filter-name>
   <url-pattern>*.htm</url-pattern>
</filter-mapping>
<filter-mapping>
   <filter-name>SkinFilter</filter-name>
   <url-pattern>*.jsp</url-pattern>
   <dispatcher>REQUEST</dispatcher>
   <dispatcher>FORWARD</dispatcher>
</filter-mapping>

<error-page>
   <exception-type>java.lang.Throwable</exception-type>
   <location>/jsp/errors/general.jsp</location>
</error-page>

This used to work fine on Tomcat 5.0. But now the error page is shown but the SkinFilter is not being applied to it. Is this a bug or a change in Tomcat 5.5? I haven't found any references to changes in the behaviour of filters/error pages.

Other info: Java 1.5, occurs on both Windows XP and Solaris

If anyone could shed some light on why this could be happening I'd be very grateful. Thank you.

Regards,

Patrick Gill