Hi,

I've just installed Tomcat 6.0.13 and noticed in conf/server.xml that there is a new Executor element - commented out by default - saying "The connectors can use a shared executor, you can define one or more named thread pools".

So tried and enabled it, using the same executor for both the HTTP and the AJP Connectors:

   <Executor name="tomcatThreadPool" namePrefix="catalina-exec-" .../>
<Connector executor="tomcatThreadPool" port="8080" protocol="HTTP/1.1" .../> <Connector executor="tomcatThreadPool" port="8009" protocol="AJP/1.3" ... />

However I then get an exception when starting Tomcat:
--
May 24, 2007 3:14:34 PM org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.Digester startElement
SEVERE: Begin event threw exception

The executor seems to work only with the HTTP Connector, not the AJP one. However according to the docs the standard AJP implementation should support 'executor' as well

 http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/ajp.html

Should I file a bug report?

Thanks

Mirko