I took a look at JAASRealm and its authenticate method only takes two
parameters (username and "credentials", which is really just a single
password string).

Is it possible to pass my other credentials to the JAASRealm so that I can
pass everything at one time (username, password, other credentials) to the
stored procedure, rather than - if I've interepreted this correctly -
authenticating once through the JAAS username/password, then again through
my stored procedure to "cancel out" the previous authentication.

I'm surprised that my authentication use case (while not common, it's also
not out to lunch) requires such disgusting workarounds...