From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2007 5:52 PM
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Subject: Tomcat Native library on java.library.path ?

Hello,

I recently installed Apache Tomcat 6.0.10 and have been getting the
following message upon startup:

   INFO: The Apache Tomcat Native library which allows optimal
   performance in production environments was not found on the
   java.library.path:

On Windows XP, I have the following paths added to the PATH environment
variable:

   C:\apache-tomcat-6.0.10\bin;C:\apache-tomcat-6.0.10\lib;%PATH%;

I'm a bit stumped:  Surely the Native library is the
apache-tomcat-6.0.10\lib folder, and surely the java.library.path refers
to PATH.  So what library needs to be added where?

I posted a more in depth question regarding this on jGuru here:

   http://www.jguru.com/forums/view.jsp?EID=1337110

I've also noticed several other beginners out there with the same or a
similar question.

Please somebody help.  If there's any information I haven't provided
that might clarify an explanation, please let me know and I will respond
asap.

Kind regards,
troy