Thank you Pid for your patience with me, Thank you all guys, the problem
finally sovled, and the connection established.

The problem was because of i didn't state the <ResourceLink>, I put it like
this:

<ResourceLink name="jdbc/myoracle" type="javax.sql.DataSource"
global="jdbc/myoracle"/>

in Context.xml, and i removed all occurences of jdbc class drivers but in
CATALINA_HOME/lib.

By the way, it is the advice of David Smith and Pid. Thank you guys, Thank
you ver much :).

Jotnarta

On 5/26/07, Pid <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Mohammed Zabin wrote:
> Thank you

(Please just reply to the list, not 'all')

> You know what, all that advises made me somewhat confused, i have reread
> Tomcat Documentation, now, am not sure about the following:
> 1. Which is best, servlet.xml or context.xml?

You must add information to all of config files, it's not optional, I
think the documentation is pretty clear on what needs to be added to
each file.

(Below, < ... > is a location or name of something on your system).

> 2. If it is servlet.xml, which servlet.xml, is it the config file for
the
> container, or my web application servlet.xml file.

I'm not aware of a Tomcat configuration file called "servlet.xml".
Tomcat uses the following files (in addition to your web app's files):

<tomcat>/conf/server.xml  - main config
<tomcat>/conf/context.xml - default/all contexts
<tomcat>/conf/web.xml     - main config

You can configure the Context by placing the definition in -

EITHER:
<tomcat>/conf/<hostname>/<contextname>.xml

OR:
<webapp>/META-INF/context.xml

You should also configure your servlet definitions and the remainder of
your application as per the spec in:

<webapp>/WEB-INF/web.xml

> 3. Where shall i put jdbc driver class file, in my web application
META-INF
> or in Tomcat lib folder.

Not META-INF, WEB-INF and META-INF are different locations, with
different purposes. You can place the oracle jar file in -

EITHER:
<tomcat>/lib

OR:
<webapp>/WEB-INF/lib

> I susbect with jdbc driver, if you look at otn.oracle, you will find
many
> drivers for all jdks, but there is no one for JDK 6.

It's not the driver, it's your config.  Tomcat+Oracle is successfully
deployed by many people all over the world.

So, in summary, as an *example* to demonstrate some possible locations
for various bits of config, you might have:

Resource def in GlobalResources, 'testhost' Host def:
  /path/to/tomcat6/conf/server.xml

ResourceLink in Context:
  /path/to/tomcat6/conf/testhost/ROOT.xml

oracle-XXX.jar in
  /path/to/tomcat6/lib

Resource ref, servlets in:
  /path/to/testhost/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/web.xml

JSP in:
  /path/to/testhost/webapps/ROOT/test.jsp

p.s. Chuck, if you read this, I'm betting that you'll need to get your
path attribute standard response ready.