On 5/25/07, Joe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hello, I just upgraded to Tomcat 6.0.13 from 5.5.9 (no particular reason for
the upgrade,
just keeping up to date).  I am running Java 1.6.  However, instantly I'm having
trouble that > I cannot resolve regardless of endless hours of searching for and
trying to apply answers > to previous similar problems.  After starting Tomcat, I
get the following errors within the
log file for every web application:

I've upgraded from 5.5.x to 6.0.x with no problems at all, and I use JSTL also.

I recommend getting a ~fresh~ install of Tomcat 6.0.13 .

Then simply configure your webapps with their respective <Context> xml files

Tomcat 6.0.13 supports Servlet 2.5 specification and JSP 2.1 specification.

The EL requires your web.xml to be conformant to either Servlet 2.5 or
Servlet 2.4 specifications.

So in your web app's WEB-INF/web.xml  , make sure you have define
web-app exactly as:

one of the two:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<web-app xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee";
        xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee web-app_2_5.xsd"
        version="2.5">

<!-- define other elements in correct order, as expected by the schema -->

</web-app>

OR

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<web-app version="2.4"
        xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee";
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/web-app_2_4.xsd";>

<!-- define other elements in correct order, as expected by the schema -->

</web-app>

If you're using JSTL 1.1 or higher there's no need to explicitly
define the TLDs within web.xml , as they're already defined in JSTL's
jar file. You just need the correct jstl and standard jar files.

In your JSPs make sure the taglib URIs are correct, (refer to the JSTL
Taglib API for your version of JSTL)

-Regards
Rashmi