"Dean" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Greetings,
>

> I suspect the class file may be in the wrong directory.  I get the message
> /basic-servlet/servlet/CurrencyConverter  , which is confusing in that the
> class file is in the following directory C:\Program Files\Apache Software
> Foundation\Tomcat 4.1\webapps\basic-servlet\WEB-INF\classes.  The html
> page
> is being found ok but when I do a submit and it tries to bring up the
> servlet I get the above.

The invoker servlet has been disabled in the default config for ages
(because it is evil :).  You can enable it at your own risk in conf/web.xml,
but that isn't recommended.  Use an explicit servlet-mapping instead.

Having classes in the default package will prevent you from upgrading later
on.  You really should put your class in a package.