Well, you didn't say what version of Tomcat you're using. Those files
do indeed exist, in Tomcat 5.5. For Tomcat 6, in the lib directory
you'll see 3 Jasper jars. Try removing those. I don't know if it'll
cause any problems, but you'll only save a couple of MB of disk space,
and no runtime memory (since you're not using those classes anyway),
and you'll have to maintain your own custom Tomcat install.
--
Len