Hello chris,

Thanks again for the help.I will try to be more clear so that maybe
you could help figure out what I am doing wrong.

Like I said before I am trying to setup a DataSourceRealm to
authenticate users by pull out the user information from a MySQL
database.

1- I already created the tables and columns in my database that
conforms to the requirements.

2 - I also configured a JNDI named jdbc/oaso on TomCat Server
Administration. I tested this connection through a DBCP and it´s
working fine.

3- I created a Realm inside the  server.xml to use the JNDI jdbc/oaso
between the <Engine> tags

4-  I configured the <security-constraint> on the web.xml

When I run the project I get the following error:

29/05/2007 12:23:55 org.apache.catalina.realm.DataSourceRealm open
SEVERE: Exception performing authentication
javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name jdbc is not bound in this Context
       at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:769)
       at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:152)
       at
org.apache.catalina.realm.DataSourceRealm.open(DataSourceRealm.java:401)
       at
org.apache.catalina.realm.DataSourceRealm.authenticate(DataSourceRealm.java:282)
       at
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.BasicAuthenticator.authenticate(BasicAuthenticator.java:180)
       at
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:490)
       at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)
       at
       at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
       at
       at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:869)
       at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:664)
       at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
       at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)
       at
       at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

The server.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Server
   port="8025">
   <Listener className="org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener"/>
   <Listener
className="org.apache.catalina.mbeans.GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener"/>
   <Listener
className="org.apache.catalina.storeconfig.StoreConfigLifecycleListener"/>
   <Listener className="org.apache.catalina.mbeans.ServerLifecycleListener"/>
   <GlobalNamingResources>
       <Environment
           name="simpleValue"
           type="java.lang.Integer"
           value="30"/>

       <Resource
           name="jdbc/oaso"
           type="javax.sql.DataSource"
           maxActive="4"
           maxIdle="2"
           username="root"
           maxWait="5000"
           driverClassName="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"
           password="xxxxxx"
           url="jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/renatovivacqua"/>

       <Resource
           auth="Container"
           name="UserDatabase"
           type="org.apache.catalina.UserDatabase"
           pathname="conf/tomcat-users.xml"/>

   </GlobalNamingResources>

   <Service
       name="Catalina">
       <Connector
           port="8084"
           redirectPort="8443"
           minSpareThreads="25"
           connectionTimeout="20000"
           uRIEncoding="utf-8"
           maxSpareThreads="75"
           maxThreads="150">
       </Connector>
       <Connector
           port="8009"
           redirectPort="8443"
           protocol="AJP/1.3">
       </Connector>
       <Connector
           port="8443"
           scheme="https"
           secure="true"
           minSpareThreads="25"
           clientAuth="false"
           maxSpareThreads="75"
           maxThreads="150"
           sslProtocol="TLS">
       </Connector>
       <Engine
           defaultHost="localhost"
           name="Catalina">
           <Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.UserDatabaseRealm"/>

           <Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.DataSourceRealm"
                  debug="99"
                  dataSourceName="jdbc/oaso"
                  localDataSource="true"
                  userTable="users"