as a client I use

http://people.apache.org/~fhanik/cometgui.jar

The client automatically translates \n into CRLF for the HTTP protocol

To do what you need to do, do this
0. java -jar cometgui.jar
1. Click "Connect"
2. Click "Submit"
3. Erase the headers, make sure the next text looks like this:
<text>

10
test data test 1
</text>

omit the XML tags of course,
then click "Submit" again.

The source code for the app is inside, it is very basic,
Filip

Peter Warren wrote:
Filip, could you post some client code that sends two separate messages
to the server on the same output stream and generates both a begin event
and then a subsequent read event.

Thanks,
Peter
(I'm the guy who started the "comet read event" thread.  I never heard
back after you asked me which connector I was using, and I'm still
struggling with it.)

Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:
you don't really have to do that much, here is mine

package org.hanik.comet.test;

import java.io.IOException;
import java.io.InputStream;
import javax.servlet.ServletException;
import javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet;

import org.apache.catalina.CometEvent;
import org.apache.catalina.CometProcessor;

public class TestCometServlet extends HttpServlet implements
CometProcessor {
     public void event(CometEvent event)
       throws IOException, ServletException {
       System.out.println("Received an event:"+event);
       event.setTimeout(5000);
       if (event.getEventType() == CometEvent.EventType.END ||
           event.getEventType() == CometEvent.EventType.ERROR ) {
           event.close();
       } else if (event.getEventType() == CometEvent.EventType.READ) {
           InputStream is =
event.getHttpServletRequest().getInputStream();
           byte[] buf = new byte[512];
           do {
               int n = is.read(buf); //can throw an IOException
               if (n > 0) {
                   System.out.println("Read " + n + " bytes: " + new
String(buf, 0, n) + " for session: " +
event.getHttpServletRequest().getSession(true).getId());
               } else if (n < 0) {
                   event.close();
                   return;
               }
           } while (is.available() > 0);

       }
   }
  }

Szabolcs Márton wrote:
i will send later, i cant ftp from here.
any other ideas?

i would like if somebody, who made this cometprocessor worked describe
the things what have to do. I already done what is in tomcat docs
(advanced NIO)

regards,
Saby