On 5/29/07, Berglas, Anthony <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Thanks for that, but I don't see how it will help.   If you look below
it is the jasper2 that is causing me grief, which is essentially the
same as yours.

How long does it take to precompile the JSPs.  Is it several JSPs per
second or several seconds per JSP?  My JSPs take over 20 seconds to
compile interactively, which would make precompiling all of them
infeasible except for a nightly build.

Pre-compiling JSPs does take a while because, first JSPs are converted
to .java files , then the .java files are compiled to .class files,
and then the web.xml is modified.

Most people reserve pre-compiling JSPs to just before the app is ready
for deployment into production environment. Pre-compiling for
development, staging and other environments would take too much time
and effort unnecessarily.

I'm surprised that your script needs those package rename hacks.  Feels
like precompiling into Tomcat's work area should be built in,
bin/precompileJsps.bat|.sh.

Thanks,

Anthony

Regards