Hello,

I have a question regarding Tomcat 5.5 and log4j (running winXP, Java =
1.5).=20

Deploying my application as .war I have a .jar inside which has a =
log4j.properties in WEB-INF/classes directory.

It works properly like I want it to, but I need a way to change the =
logging level without re-deploying the whole webapp. (note: I don't mind =
restarting Tomcat server)

I noticed in TOMCAT_HOME\conf\Catalina\localhost a myWebApp.xml is =
generated from my web application in WEB-INF/context.xml.

Could I manipulate the logging level through the generated myWebApp.xml, =
which would come in affect after the Tomcat is restarted.

Currently all that my myWebApp.xml contains is the database connection. =
I was wondering if theres a Environment variable or anything of sorts =
that would provide me the access in changing the logging level.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Goran