Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:
Jeanfrancois Arcand wrote:
Hi,

Sebastiaan van Erk wrote:
Hi,

Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:
it will return 0 after the timeout has expired if there was no events.
most likely its not a bug in the JDK but in your linux kernel/distro

I just found the Sun bug report + workaround confirming this issue as a Linux JDK bug.

It's fixed in Java 7, earlier versions are not reported to be fixed, so I'm guessing they're not backporting the fix, though I hope they do, since it's a serious problem.

I'm the submitter of that bug :-) Yes it will backported to 1.6.0_03.
that pretty much sucks :), why? cause people are just now starting to adopt JDK 1.5, which apparently wont get fixed, we need you to pull some strings Jeanfrancois, use up some of those favors folks owe you :)

Hahaha :-) Yes let me try to see if I've real power :-)

-- Jeanfrancois

Filip