Are ThreadLocal variables safe to use with servlets? There are some cases
where it could really simplify my code if used correctly, but first I want
to make sure there aren't any horrible problems with doing so. (I've read
that the implementation of ThreadLocals has gotten much better with the last
few releases of Java.)

Has anyone had experience using them successfully, or even unsuccessfully?
If so, please share your insights.

Thanks.