Thank you so much!

-----Original Message-----
From: kempo bob [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: lunes, 04 de junio de 2007 16:40
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Subject: RE: I would like a new session each time I start my application

Elisabeth,

1) To see what the context tag looks like, see the server-example.xml file that
ships with the Tomcat distribution. You're probably running under a minimal
configuration that lets most items default.
2) That being said, I don't think its going to fix your problem to turn off
session persistence. Even if you turn persistence off, you're not going to get
a new session every time a user goes to index.html. Once a session is created,
it remains in effect until it expires as a result of a configured
inactivity-timeout or as a result of being deliberately invalidated by servlet
code. You could use HttpSession.invalidate() to force it to expire, but I agree
with Johnny and David - this really doesn't sound like a good way to accomplish
the goal. I'd use one of the methods they described.

Bobby