To: <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, June 05, 2007 8:29 AM
Subject: Java-Ecommerce

I am trying to create using a small sales tool like that of amazon(ie shopping cart, checkout).

 1)Just wondered if there is already a interface for this already.

2)Also how do i go about creating the actual money transactions? Do I use paypall.

3)How do you prevent double purchasing-eg one product in stock-user1 is the first to put it in cart but continues to shop. User2 comes along and puts same product in cart but goes to checkout quicker.

I know you could edit the stock level as soon as a product is added to a cart. But really technically the product is not sold until confirmation in checkout. And the user may not even buy.