"Gerry Jackson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Thanks for responding.
>> Which configuration file are you importing?
>>

> Tomcat automatically creates a "mod_jk.conf" file which I believe I
> attached to my original message.
>> It looks like you are trying to use workers.properties as an apache
>> httpd config file. This file is read by mod_jk, not by apache httpd
>> directly. For instance, you should /not/ have anything like this in your
>> httpd.conf (or apache2.conf, or whatever):
>>

>> Instead, you should have a JkWorkersFile directive in your apache httpd
>> config file.
>>
> I haven't included the workers.properties in the apache2.conf file.  I
> have only included the following file (which was generated automatically
> by tomcat) which includes the JkWorkersFile directive.
>
> Hopefully that helps you help me :-)

Somebody should really cleanup the auto-config generator :).

It was only used by JNI, so when it was decided to drop JNI support from
mod_jk, the directive was dropped as well.  For many versions, mod_jk just
quietly ignored unrecognized directives.  Newer versions now warn when they
see them.