Hi,

I'm attempting to embed jasper into an application of mine. Actually I'm upgrading it from 4.1 to 5.5.

The new version of jasper uses commons-logging, which the old one didn't seem to do. This causes problems for me when using jasper in webapplications that contain their own copy of commons-logging in WEB-INF/lib.

The LogFactory complains that more than one Log class is visible.

I am loading the JspServlet class with an "outside" classloader, but I am encountering exeptions when asking this JspServlet to service requests with the ContextClassLoader ser to a specific webapp-classloader.

Any ideas what tomcat is doing to seperate for instance it's own commons-logging with a commons-logging in a deployed webapp?

Thanks,

-dennis